Friday, October 16, 2015

Fall Cooking

Hey There!! Fall is upon us! I actually broke down and turned on the furnace tonight. There was a little bit of a chill in the house when I came home. It's cold outside and they're actually calling for a little bit of the white stuff this weekend! Fantastic. (insert sarcasm here)

Anyway, I celebrated a birthday a week ago and from my Mom and Dad, I received an awesome dutch oven, along with a brand new set of some really nice knives. The dutch oven is cast iron and enamel coated. It's a beautiful teal color. 

For me, when fall comes, and it comes to great meals, I love anything that is hearty, and makes you feel warm and satiated. I love doing soups and chili's a lot!! As seen on my other blog, Crazy Cat Mommy's Corner, I shared with my readers how I make my own CHILI!! So feel free to take a peek over there, if you haven't already!

This week though, we were looking for something a bit different. My daughter found this recipe for White Chicken Chili from Taste Of Home. So head on over there and check it out. A little side note on the recipe--- It calls for Cayenne Pepper. I opted to go with crushed red pepper flakes. The Cayenne pepper was $5.99 at my local grocery store for a little bottle. Red pepper flakes were a little cheaper. Other than that, I found this to be a great recipe. We all agreed it was a keeper. If you try it, you'll find that it is a little more soupier than a regular chili. But it works. It's the mashed great northern white beans that give it its creamy consistency. But definitely worth a try. We all enjoyed it. 

Below we have posted pictures from my Twitter feed. I was sharing the process as I went along. My camera didn't quite capture the true pretty color of my new dutch oven though, but its still beautiful just the same!! I am looking so forward to getting a lot of use out of it for many years to come. 

To me, I find awesome positivity in being able to cook meals for my kids and have us come together for a new recipe I have found. I enjoy being able to bring all of us together for meal times and have that time together. With them being older now, we all tend to have different schedules. However, we always manage to find the time to have meals together when we can. I make sure that I cherish those times together. Family is so important. 

So, let me know if you try the recipe and how you liked it. Thank you for reading and remember, take the time to cherish the moments, and embrace the positivity! 











No comments:

Post a Comment